Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shaving Cream Art

 This a fun kids craft using shaving cream and paint. Hudson's preschool class made these, however they did it when Hudson was out sick with chicken pox. So I thought I would try it at home! It reminded me of the Milk Art Craft I did with Hudson a while ago. However, with this one you are actually able to keep your designs on paper!

 
 You will need:
Shaving cream, afew different colored paints, old cookie sheet or tray, white card stock paper, toothpicks, and a spatula.

 First spray the shaving cream onto the cookie sheet.

 Then spread it using the spatula to be about the size of your piece of paper.

 Squeeze the paints onto the shaving cream. You can experiment with how you place them.

 You can make dots, lines, or swirl is around. How you place the paint can change how your picture looks. 

 Using a toothpick swirl the paint around in the shaving cream. 

 It should look something like this!

 Then place your paper on top of the designs. Press down gentle so all the paint touches the paper. 

 Peel the paper off and it will look like this. Using the spatula scrape the shaving cream off of the paper. 

 Then you will have your paper with the swirly designs on it! Let it dry and then you can use the paper for another fun craft.

3 comments:

  1. this is fantastic. Can't wait to try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried this and when i try to scrape it off I end up with one big mess....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome, I used your idea for my mom's group and the designs came out so rad! Plus the kids loved getting messy with the shaving cream. Thank you for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!