Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kids Sushi Sandwich

I have loved all of the pictures of kid sushi I have seen on Pinterest, so I finally decided to make some for Hudson. I made him a chicken, cheese, avocado, and spinach sushi sandwich. He loves when I get creative with his food, it makes it more fun to eat!
Take one piece of bread and you can leave the crust on or remove it. I filled this sandwich with chicken breast, shredded cheddar cheese, fresh baby spinach, and a slice of avocado.
Place the chicken, shredded cheese, and avocado on the top half of the bread in a row.
Next place the baby spinach on top.
Roll the bread up tightly while tucking the ingredients in as you go. Cut off the excess bread with a sharp knife.
Slice the roll into 4 to 5 pieces using a sharp knife.
Serve to your kiddo with their favorite mustard to dip their sushi in.


Linking up at:

4 comments:

  1. Um... "kids"?

    I'd totally eat it, lol. Looks great!! Love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute! You could do this so many different ways! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can switch it up! I actually made Hudson some breakfast sushi the other day with banana. I'll post it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are ridiculously cute! Can't wait to give this a try in my girl's bento boxes for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!